1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Older (1985) Exmark 48 walk behind Parts wanted

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scotty Dive, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Scotty Dive

Scotty Dive LawnSite Member

2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

what parts are you looking for exactly i have 2 36'' siting in the woods for parts for mine. the frames are the same just different decks and engines and its also a Metro for clarification.

3. Scotty Dive

Thanks for the name metro....I had forgotten that. Right now the part I need is the transmission because of the kill switch not working. I by passed it but I worry about it

4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hi,

First time posting.Been reading for some time. I had a similar problem. To cut it short, I got a 36 inch JD WB mower used,about 1989 model year. Couldnt get ANY info anywhere from the JD dealers. I had found out bunton makes them,contacted them... They had told me of a company that had all the parts for my old mower, called j-thomas, contact them,or google their site, they helped me when i was in a total jam!, Good Luck! Love this site!

5. johnboy54

johnboy54 LawnSite Member

You might just be in luck I also need parts and working on it right now.. My exmark is the same as yours I do believe... this man I know is helping me but will let you know

6. Scotty Dive

THANKS - Let me know what you find out!!!!

7. johnboy54

I will my friend for sure... I need darn pulley for mine on engine shaft broke it trying to put it on new engine.. by the way there is a new engine I am trying to put on it and it is A Briggs and Stratton 17.5 it fits right on mime... Needed more horse power can't wait to try it out...

8. johnboy54

I have an Exmark walk behind need variable pulley for 5 inches in diamter.. If you have email I will send you the pic so you can see it... This pulley goes on shaft of engine... Thanks John Z

9. johnboy54

I am working on a company right now they are trying to find my part... Will let you know when I find out .. Plus I have a guy I know who is sending me a old manual..

10. Scotty Dive

I have a manual that I can email you if you re interested