1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Older Bunton, info needed (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Glenn J, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Hello,
    First post here.

I picked up an older Bunton 48" last Friday. It's got a newer Briggs and Stratton 12.5hp engine, so that's a bonus. Over all, it cuts great! It cuts much better than our heavy 32", single blade Snapper tractor. This will be a strictly "homeowner use" machine as I'm not in the landscaping business.

I'm having a tough time locating an owner's manual for this machine. The engine manual was easy; I found that on briggsandstratton.com. While the mower looks pretty straght forward (variable speed Bobcat trans, 3 blades, blade brake....) I always like to have a manual in case I hit a snag when doing repair work. I've e-mailed Textron, but they stated they don't have any record of the model machine I have. I e-mailed them a picture of the ID plate, so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

The model number on the ID plate is B48L-11H The first part of the serial number says NNB48L.

I've found a few places to get parts, (J Thomas and precoparts.com), so I think I have replacement parts covered.

Any ideas where to get a manual?

Pics as promised:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]