1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Older Izuzu Cabover

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Grass Happens, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

I love the cab-over concept, with all of its well known benefits, however, i had a couple questions for you grizzled old mowing veterans:
    1. How easy are they to get parts for? the one I'm looking at is a bit older, not sure how old, but only has 120-ish thousand miles. I'm told that they put that same basic in engine in just about everything, ever. O.K. maybe not, but i guess there pretty common. What about everything else? This one is a 5 speed with a "Minor" clutch issue, but the guy was willing to drive it to me from WI.
    2. How much more do you get charged if you have them fixed? I figure since there imported AND commercial, you'll probably need a little extra lube for your bum.
    The body is, um fair, although he does have new doors that come with it. its a smallish dump (I saw the truck for all of ten minutes) flat-bed. How hard/expensive is it to put those wicked cool removable beaver-tails on?
    Thanks!
    Josh

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

There is a lot of "cab overs" on the market. What are you looking at? Mine is a 1999, no problem with parts.

3. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

its a bit older gmc/isuzu equipped with the turbo-disele. I waiting to get an email back with all the specs. Thanks

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Check the frame for rust. I had mine gone through last year for brakes, hoses, belts, muffler and pipes, new spring, and some other odds and ends....It came to $ 5400.00 and I only had 95000 miles.