Lawn Care Forum banner

Oldie but a goodie, hydraulic system parts purchase question Exmark Lazer Z EFI

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  My427stang 
#1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, bought a property that came with a 2000 Lazer Z EFI Model #LZ2KC604, Serial number 220,XXX. EFI Kohler, poorly maintained, but I did oil cooler lines, TPS, new gas caps, throttle cable, and basic maintenance and it's a sweetheart and I am attached to it now.

I was mowing the other day and a pump failed. Bearings behind the swashvalve failed, broke the swash valve and a piece poked the case. I bought a swash plate, seal and bearing kit and fixed the case but left side only sort of freewheels each way, it turns on the jackstand, but I can stop it easily with my hand I had cleaned everything, to include the Torquemotor, lines, and reservoir, new filter, etc.

Sorry for the long background. I would like to buy a new pump, reseal and clean the RH pump, likely using the new swasj plate and bearings, and although I didn't see anything inside the motor, considering one or two wheel motors. My questions are

1 - Any recommendations for a pump seller? I see them on Ebay not cheap, but the EFI machine is too nice to just throw away

2 - Will the later small body wheel motors fit in place of the early Ross Torqmotor big body motors? I ask because you can buy a pair for the price of one, and that would also ensure that no material was anywhere in the motors after rebuilding the opposite pump.

I have another mower, a Cub Cadet 900 Z so not in a hurry, but I love this EFI and how it mows, so if there were rebuilding options to send them out, I would be willing to do that. I am a high performance engine builder, so not afraid to dive into these, but also happy to pay someone to rebuild components with parts and experience with them. In the end though I have to buy at least one pump because the case is punctured, and the hole sealed with a set screw and green loctite ;)

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought a pump from Aldermans, price was good enough and the guy took it upon his own to check part numbers and serial numbers and answer questions. However they want 900 a piece for wheel motors, which seems a little steep

Any input on wheel motors? I can't get an answer if later versions are interchangeable or not, they are a ton cheaper. There are "ship from China" ones from Ebay too, but who knows what those are LOL

Would also be interested if someone knows a rebuilder. These are Ross Torqmotor MB150208CCCS (at least that's the number on the LH side, I haven't taken the right side apart yet

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.