• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Oldie, but goodie

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
Well, the closest thing I've got to a ZTR is a John Deere 30" rear engine rider that I got for free from a friend of mine. Doesn't run but I'll fix that. It seems a little more sensible for those big jobs that I might encounter. My only concern is it doesn't have a mulching plug, so I can't mulch unless I lay out some cash for a new deck or just a recycler kit. Seems like the new riders are just like old ones so I bet I can still get the same parts for engine, etc.. Don't get me wrong about commercial mowers, I would love to have one, just don't have the cash. I won't look to bad riding on a rezzie model, that's what everyone in town uses. The only thing I lose with the rider are those great back and forth stripes I make with my 21". For those of you saying to yourself, "What kind of idiot can't stripe with a riding mower" this is for you, I can't afford a ZTR, just a rezzie rider. And I must add, the price was definetly right.

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
like my folks always told me-make do with what you've got until you can afford a better one.<br>Just work hard & smart & upgrade when you can.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

Greenkeepers

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree w/ smitty.. You have to crawl before you walk. Take it easy and be smart, don't get in over your head. But as soon as you can afford to upgrade, do so! <p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers