• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Omg......

JayD

LawnSite Silver Member
Man......I just added my business to the white pages business section and you would not believe how many calls I have had today......8 of them.....

Problem is they ALL were for wanting to sell me credit card set up....

Has anyone else gone through this?

They must be all tied in to a program that informs them of new meat....

Our name wont even be in print until November. This is crazy....

MJB

LawnSite Silver Member
They won't leave you alone now. So do what I do I start reverse selling them. Don't let them get a word in edgwise they like to argue and will keep bugging you unless you become a pain in their rearend. If there from out of town just make up some charity organization and tell them your collecting money for the youth group in your city they usually hang up if you pressure them.

OP
J

JayD

LawnSite Silver Member
They won't leave you alone now. So do what I do I start reverse selling them. Don't let them get a word in edgwise they like to argue and will keep bugging you unless you become a pain in their rearend. If there from out of town just make up some charity organization and tell them your collecting money for the youth group in your city they usually hang up if you pressure them.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Yeah, that might work....

The last guy was some young guy and I told him right up front NO....He then starting saying,Well...you don't want the best rate in town, I said NO again, he says well....can you tell me why you would not want the best rate in town, again I said NO, then he starts to ask again, then I tell him NO, look I have a whole lot of money I have to spend so I can take it off my taxes so I don't need the best deal out there, I need to find the one that cost the most....as he sat there trying to figure it out, I hung up on him....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This guy was questioning me like I was his kid and I did something wrong..The nerve....

STIHL GUY

LawnSite Fanatic
hopefully you get some customers out of this deal to at least make it worthwile

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
When I was in Yellow book the only calls I got was from other advertising groups. Drove me nuts when 10 calls a week were B.S., I should have sued Yellowbook. My best luck is always the local classifieds.

OP
J

JayD

LawnSite Silver Member
Yeah, I hope this does not turn into a nightmare. The sad thing is, i'm not even in print yet, not until Nov. Man, you talk about a bunch of blood suckers. 8 calls and all to sell me credit card mach.

fool32696

LawnSite Senior Member
I started a magazine ad last month. I've gotten about 10 potential customer calls and about 20 people wanting to sell me advertising in more publications. Nature of the beast.