Lawn Care Forum banner

? on Hydro pumps and wheel motors.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  weeze 
#1 ·
For you guys that have been around along time can you tell me what you no about the hydro pumps and wheel motors or the new integrated ones.
Like which pumps are the best and most durable. Why are there so many different sizes, whats the smoothest or easiest to hold straight, which ones are the cheapest to replace or most common, and last can you name a certain pump that several brands all use.

#3 ·
I beleive Exmark now uses integrated pumps, and so does the gravely 260 I beleive. Anybody got their preference on pumps, or is this a non factor in buying a mower, like the gravely pro turn 160 with the zt3400 pump would this not be a concern for you guys if you were buying.

#5 ·
Alot of the manufacturers are using integrated pumps and motors
not on low end but on the commercial mowers now. The new ones that are
integrated together are a new design for the commercial industry. Much
quieter than the seperate pump and wheel motor. Also less connections
and no hoses to leak, bust or rupture or need replacing.

#6 · (Edited)
ok i was not aware of that. all of the ztrs i've looked at have seperate pumps and motors like john deere, hustler, scag, etc.

please be aware that they just changed the name of some of the integrated systems...like the 2800 or 3100 is the same thing as the 3400...i think i got those numbers right...the number is higher now but it's the same transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.