Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have property with a steep bank around a pool. In past years we just pushed the half filled barrows up and dumped but its a tiring job. I think I read here somewhere about putting the mulch on a tarp and then dragging it up the slope?

If you've done this, how does it work compared to the 'barrow method? thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
First of all, double the price. Then maybe wheelbarrels if you can, if not maybe garbage cans filled with mulch.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Garbage cans should work depending on how the steep the slope is, but the garbage can will be heavier (than the w/barrow) to pull up the slope and doesn't have wheels.

Have a bark truck come in and blow the bark up the slope.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Originally posted by GarPA
I'm going to try the tarp approach. Somebody mentioned a couple years ago here that it works better than the barrows on inclines
Let us know how it works for you.
I think the dead weight of the mulch on the tarp will be too heavy and make it a real PITA to move it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fastlane..now theres an idea worthy of a try...I have a big dolly for big trees,,,have to give that a try,,,it'll be about a month til I do this one but I'll make a note to post bacj here..thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did a job about 3 years ago where i had to go up a hill. I used a wheelbarrow that was much smaller than my current 2 wheel 10cubic feet. It had one wheel and wasn't to bad to push. I never used the tarp but it sounds heavy. Hope this helps. Matt

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good idea Chuck...but the problem is theres already black dyed mulchon the banks. That stuff is a tad pricey as is, let alone buying the dyed stuff by the bag...although I'll keep an eye on the prices by the bag

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.