Lawn Care Forum banner

Once a week delima !!!!!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  awm 
#1 ·
I have seen alot of post about cutting once a week.
If not once a week, then get rid of them?

Honestly.... does Bahia grass need to be cut once a week?

I have a few customers w/Bahia.....and I have learned with
Bahia, when it's real dry it does'nt need cutting once a week.

Even when it has rained a good bit...It still calls for twice a week..

I have learned a good bit from this site...but if I listned to the
once a week delima....I would not have the accounts I do have.
Simply because most customers w/Bahia Grass will not tolerate
me telling them...It needs 2 be cut once a week !!!!!!!

Anyone agree....Or I am just a Newbie???????

Thanks for any Good Advice...I am all Ears.......

:nono:

See less See more
#2 ·
Lately the grass has been growing like mad around here. Although my accounts arent bahia, some of them really need to be cut twice a week. I called a few of them and asked if they would let me do it twice a week for a few weeks till the growing slows down when dry weather comes. I think communication with the customer is the way to go. Lately, ive been mowing soaking wet grass, cause it rained a real lot the last couple of weeks. I talked with the customers letting them know, that I am trying to stay ahead of the rain, and the lawn may not look as good if mowed dry, but ill make up for it or cut it twice in the weeks to come. Just communicate with them. If they say no, get rid of them, or just cut it once every two weeks, and eat up the extra time it takes.

#3 ·
Doesn't bother me to cut it bi weekly .... or every 10 days

but I base my monthly billing on 42 cuts a year which is weekly April-Oct n bi the other .... down here monthly billing is the ONLY way to survive .... NO PER CUTS .... unless it's a clean up or intro cut which leads to a monthly aggrement ;->

#5 ·
Little off the subject but...................

I just noticed......The lil Yellow Guy @ the bottom of my original
post is supposed to pointing his Index finger..to the gesture
of NONO......

But lol lol....It looks like he is shooting a bird?????
That is soooooooooooo funny 2 me..........

These lil guys r so cool........

#7 ·
I maintain numerous bahia accounts, and do cut once a week during the growing season. Some of these accounts, when watered, grow quite a bit in a weeks time. I don't understand how some companies can cut on a 10 day schedule? That type of scheduling would put you at these accounts on a different day every cutting. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like it would be hard to juggle the weekly cuts to fit with the 10 day jobs.

#8 ·
Last summer was vrey hot and dry here. All my customers were cut on a 10 day schedule. I had one account that I didn't cut for 3 weeks. In the spring, we have to cut every 7 days (if possible). My husband and partner is a full time firefighter and his schedule doesn't allow us to cut on the same day every single week. Our customers know the schedule and have never had a problem with it.

My customers don't care if their grass is cut on day 7, 9, 10...As long as it gets cut when it needs it and they don't have to do it.

#9 ·
I wont put my mower on a dry lawn that doesnt need cutting. My customers are scheduled for weekly cuttings, but they all know I wont mow it if it doesnt need it. Last year I had a few that were mowed only once in 3 weeks time. Different areas require different situations depending on the grass type and weather.

I wont, however, agree to take on every other week cuts. With the rain and growth rate we have had this spring, it's been a real pain. I just dropped my last 2 14 day lawns and dont plan on taking any others on.

#10 ·
i can always make the place look neater
w a weekly touch up . up to now.but
aint no sense in damaging a drought
brown lawn .i wouldnt cut it if they wanted me to right now. but guess what ,we got a heavy rain last nite. lasted bout 10 min. guess nature wanted to exstend the torture a little.:) its a good thing i know all things have their purpose ,or id be a little pi--ed rite now. mabe that was the purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.