Lawn Care Forum banner

One Hell of a Route to Plan - 400+ Properties

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  topsites 
#1 ·
I've got about 400 properties scheduled for the next two weeks. Stuff like this is a blast to plan out.

I'm not bragging, I just thought I would post a screenshot of part of my route for those who are up and coming will have some motivation.

Work hard, bid correctly, advertise constantly and you can do it.

See less See more
#5 ·
how many crews do you have?...that's a ton of yards...i would think 4 crews?...i dunno the yards here seem to be bigger than most areas...we used to do 10 yards a day with a crew of 3 people which should give you an idea of the average sized lot here.

#7 ·
These are all residentials.

Average lot size before improvement is 7000 sq ft. Some as low as 2,000 sq ft. Largest is 13,000 sq ft.

I have two three-man crews. We do 25-30/day.

380 or so of these are foreclosures with a two week time frame on them, so we can split them up into two weeks. About 50 of them are regular customers with top priority.

#13 ·
Your normal client load is 50 or so clients and you picked up an extra 380 repos. Is your repos from one clientj (bank, mortgage company)?
They are between three different companies. I currently have 80 regular customers (weeklies and biweeklies). I haven't advertised in the past month due to growth, but I plan on advertising more at the end of this month to start growing my regular customer base again.

Word is, though, is that there are more foreclosures in line to be mowed. I'm not sure if I'll take them or focus on regular clients.

#14 ·
how do you get foreclosure accounts? Do you contact the foreclosure companies? Do they pay well/ are they worth it?

#15 ·
They contacted me. I get a lot of these several times a year and I turn the majority of them down because, no, they do not normally pay well.

These ones, however, do pay well and send a lot of work, so I went with them.

Property management also pays slow in most cases.

One company I have, I charge his credit card. Those types are hard to find.

Usually they pay 30-45 days after.

My largest account right now pays that way but was nice enough to cut me advance checks every week to cover overhead until regular checks came in.

I've never approached any property management company, but you can sometimes find ads for them on craigslist. Dont be surprised if they try to pull something like $25 per cut up to 10,000 sq ft if its under 12 inches. Those are the ugly ones.

#16 ·
Glad for you. I've got kids I'd like to see before they grow up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.