One Krayzee Kajun Ent. Landscape Contractors 2014

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Dec 31, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's why you hire someone on to take over the lawns.

Getting rid of grass income absolutely sucks. It's fine for the first year but after that of you hit a slow time you'd see how much of a difference it can make
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. OP
    OP
    KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to keep the lawns we have now. May even pick up one more HOA. That way I can send my brother with a helper o do lawns Mon-wed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

They're worth keeping. Trust me I was there. I got rid of all mine when changing a new service area and focusing on another business.

We make good money, but I have to constantly advertise and I'm tired of it. +/- $1500 a day when were working. But we do 5k flyers every two weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Makes sense. If you can find consistent work you can get away from the race to the bottom. When thongs get tight it may still get brutal but at least you won't get undercut by johnny highschooler
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I like the way you think ;)

6. mowman13

mowman13 LawnSite Member

Krazy, you have the most incredible story!!

7. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I follow this thread but don't post often. I'm just very curious on why you gave up a full time job in L.E for this. The good pay and bennies are great, then a few lawns on the side for your gravy. What made you do that?

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

No post in a a few days. Everything going well ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

In another thread he made a post that he is going back to the Fire Department. Good luck Krazy

10. OP
    OP
    KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for no updates in a while. A lot going on personally and with deciding where I want to go from here. I'm 95% set on going back to the firedept. It's a hard decision but one that will benefit my family and myself greatly.

June was a very bad month business wise and it caused me to go into a very stressful state of mind and I had to step back and do some soul searching. I've been stressed out and letting my business run my life.

Now it's time for me to take charge and get everything back in balance. I plan to work my 24on 48off at the fire dept and build up my bushhogging accnts. I will keep my. 20or so best lawn accnts to cut on my days off also.

Plus I'm a new dad again. My wife gave birth to our section son last Thursday night.
    Posted via Mobile Device