1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

One Krayzee Kajun Ent. Landscape Contractors 2014

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Dec 31, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Only you can decide what you want to do. Working 24/48 and trying to bush hog plus cut grass is going to put you in the same position now. Trying to do too much yourself

**** happens in business. You just have to roll with it and keep going. They being said, if you want to sell sand bag attachment I'll probably take it
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. henson2043

henson2043 LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new baby. Hope things a going good with the family. Take some time off if you need to. Don't let your business put you in the grave and destroy your family.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I understand how you feel. I had to make the same tough decision. I miss the freedom and will get back to it one day.

But for now it's nice to be able to take days off and do the jobs I want instead of every bs job and thing that came my way. I am also looking forward to not worrying myself all winter on where my next paycheck is gonna come from.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. olebrooklawn

olebrooklawn LawnSite Member

Going back to the fire dept you won't be sorry. Im my self work 24/48 and cut 50+ yards. Hire a crew and enjoy your family. Thats what I did.

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

I was thinking you were a cop before not a fireman?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. OP
    OP
    KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I was fireman before I was a cop. Been a volunteer for over 10yrs. Was a full time operator for 3yrs
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the new baby!!...I feel your pain on the work/business/family balance......I am also making some much needed adjustments to my operation too....it's time to work smarter not harder.Thumbs Up

8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Congratulations on the new baby Jacob!

9. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn maintenance is a great supplemental business. It's tough to make a real solid living on it though.

10. OP
    OP
    KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Finally replaced the rear tires on my lazer z. The originals from 2007 finally crapped out.

Also adding a 15gal sprayer on top rops. It's being retired to use for my vacant lot accnts and a large 24acre accnt I picked up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device