• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

One of my new Toro's

Edgewater

LawnSite Senior Member
Nice unit, I had one of those for about 300 hours. I traded it for a 52 and bought a Walker for the small stuff.

Those Toros are fast but can fit in some tight spots:cool:

OP
South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
I will take some more tomorrow. I should be getting my new one back from my buddy, it needed the hydraulic filter changed. Might just buy a third for next season, same size 44'' seems to suit me well.

toro3.jpg

OP
South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
The thing was brand new and Pedro goes and runs it into a tree. I was like I thought you knew how to run these things? I also have a friend in the Caterpillar marine engine division, and he hooks me up with all kinds of crap.

ALarsh

LawnSite Silver Member
You bought one with a super flow deck?:dizzy:

torolandscaper- that is a little 44" deck. It doesn't weigh as much as the big heavy 52" and 60" turbo force decks.

Looks like a nice machine though. I'm thinking about one of those w/ a 52" deck for ztr #2.

OP
South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
The smallest that Toro makes. 44". Have you seen a common Florida yard? Not big at all, so there really is no need for anything bigger. Whats wrong with the SFS decks? I have not had a problem with them yet, they provide an excellent cut and never clog or leave clumps. The whole machine mulches quite nicely just wish it had more hp. at times.

ALarsh

LawnSite Silver Member
They haven't gotten as good as reviews for quality of cut and durability as the turbo force deck... Maybe it is just us cool season grasses in the north.

What engine is in that and how much did it run you?

Thanks