One thing you hate doing but know if you do it it will make u money

5K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  weeze 
#1 ·
One thing you hate doing but know you need to be highly profitable

Mine is Technology
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
Leaf cleanups or hedge trimming
x2. I love doing lawns, but hate hedges and leave clean-ups. I also dislike tree trimming, but that's the most profitable thing I do. Probably because I wasn't equipped correctly to haul brush off. I got a new trailer getting built for that, so I don't think I'll dislike it anymore. But I do hate hedge trimming and leaves. I'm considering a billy goat vac for hedge trimming and it might help a bit with leaves.

#14 ·
Leaf cleanups or hedge trimming
x2. I love doing lawns, but hate hedges and leave clean-ups. I also dislike tree trimming, but that's the most profitable thing I do. Probably because I wasn't equipped correctly to haul brush off. I got a new trailer getting built for that, so I don't think I'll dislike it anymore. But I do hate hedge trimming and leaves. I'm considering a billy goat vac for hedge trimming and it might help a bit with leaves.
I saw an older billy goat with a kawi motor on it for sale on Craigslist. Thought about picking it up but the asking price was a bit high for it.

Those vacs would be probably good for leaves but they would probably fill up pretty quickly with heavy leaf cover. I could definitely see where they would be useful for picking up after hedge trimming

#15 ·
Blowing/sweeping all the spring pollen laden BS, that is in the curb and on the street. This year was one of the worst. I am getting wolfsnouts, but the worst is over.

#16 ·
Blowing/sweeping all the spring pollen laden BS, that is in the curb and on the street. This year was one of the worst. I am getting wolfsnouts, but the worst is over.
X2. We get those piles of golden pollen from the oaks that coat everything. Goggles and Wolfsnouts are mandatory or you'll be snorting out the crap all season long.
Posted via Mobile Device

#26 ·
I hate the clean up with hedge trimming, but I love hedge trimming. It's by far our most profitable summer service. I charge per plant, priced per size. I can trim them at a rate of 100 an hour usually.

I hate aerating, but I do it because it's the only service that no one in my area has bid down to dust yet. Trugreen and lawn doctor charge around $800 an acre with seed here, do a crap job, and do it way too late. This is the most profitable service of the year, even better than snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.