Lawn Care Forum banner

One thing you hate doing but know if you do it it will make u money

5K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  weeze 
#1 ·
One thing you hate doing but know you need to be highly profitable

Mine is Technology
Posted via Mobile Device

#28 ·
Well to be quite honest I hate anything involving thought or physical motion, truth be known I want to sit on my fat lazy ass all day and have 18-wheelers come up my road day and night delivering trailer loads of 100-dollar bills and I have a crew takes care of even those nasty details (like unloading the money, that takes work, you know) for me... Counting it, stacking it, taking it to the bank, all that takes work and I don't want to do anything but sit around doing nothing except what I want to do, which usually happens to be nothing.

I dream of the day...

Yet ...

Somehow I still find myself doing it the old way, every time.
I don't understand it.

#29 ·
Well to be quite honest I hate anything involving thought or physical motion, truth be known I want to sit on my fat lazy ass all day and have 18-wheelers come up my road day and night delivering trailer loads of 100-dollar bills and I have a crew takes care of even those nasty details (like unloading the money, that takes work, you know) for me... Counting it, stacking it, taking it to the bank, all that takes work and I don't want to do anything but sit around doing nothing except what I want to do, which usually happens to be nothing.

I dream of the day...

Yet ...

Somehow I still find myself doing it the old way, every time.
I don't understand it.
But how would you be able to contribute to lawnsite if you didn't landscape anymore?

#31 ·
I love trimming hedges/shrubs. Perfect circles, soft natural curves, or so square you could put a bubble level on them and not believe your eyes.
I have a good eye for shaping and making things (most anything) even so I think it's just something that comes naturally.

I just can't find anyone who wants to pay what it's worth to do them most of the time.

I can't really think of anything I hate doing that actually makes me good money.
A lot of times as I do a job like leaves, or hedges, I think to myself that I could have made more per hour just casually walking behind a mower. Just depends on your client's ability to pay I guess.

#33 ·
Cutting grass, its boring and uneventful. I would much rather do any other landscaping job than to just ride a mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
We're polar opposites. In nice temps I can mow all day long with a smile on my face. I'm not a big fan of doing much else. I don't like trimming shrubs or leaf work and will sub a lot of that work out. I do like trimming trees though. That's fun work and incredible $ per hour.

#34 ·
Not really the right forum... but shoveling snow... being young and still in school, it friggin sucks to have to get up and go out in the freezing weather... doing back breaking work. And then go to school hoping it does not snow during the day. Because if it does you know you will be out all night to. Oh well I guess if I am going to be a loader operator then I better get the dirty work out of the way.

Oh BTW I do enjoy doing snow work. Just not shoveling... makes me some date $$$ Though.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.