1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

one wet september..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Groomer, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, woke up to rain again today, possible through sunday. We've been cutting on 5 and 6 day cycles, even a few 4 day cuts, working a little on sunday, even. Perfect growing conditions, with temps on the cool side. I still have 30 that need cut now, hope to get out this weekend!

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'll put up with the rain anytime over a drought like one we had last year and then back in '99 too. Problems of volume can be solved...it's when you have no volume (like during a drought) you gotta problem IMO.

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Going to be a cold...snowy...winter this year...If I were you...I would be more concerned with lining up clients and equipment...for winter...

4. Groomer

I sub all my snow removal, come winter I move inside for remodel work, snow stuff around here is always "iffy", rather be warm and making steady money!

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

can't ya do both?

6. Groomer

don't need to/want to, some years we have 2 or 3 big snows, while equipment sits for weeks in between.