Online booking and payment integration to my website and being able to view the customer orders

ntgradst

LawnSite Member
Hey all,
I have a website (landing page) where potential customers can request a quote. However, I would like to improve my customers' experiences by some automations. Ideally, I would like a software (a website or application) that can be embedded into my existing website. When customers click Book online button, they can get an automatic price quote after filling out their service requirements, select an available date or time slot, and make a payment. This will let my customers to book services fast, and during the times when I am not available to get back to them with quotes manually. However, I want them to be able to do all of these without leaving my website (for example, without being redirected to other domains or URLs). After the payment is made, I would like to see my customer's data and the order in an admin dashboard. This will allow me to track the online orders. Also from the same admin dashboard, I would like to change the prices or details of the services I offer. So whenever I change the service prices or add additional services, I would like my customers instantly see it in my website and be able to choose and book it.

I would like to know whether anyone has tried to do something similar and whether it's recommended? I don't want to hire developers to build a web applications with the above features because I think it's very costly. I don't want to pay them every time I make changes to prices, the offered services, or etc.
Are there any software service that I can use to achieve the above with monthly subscriptions? Do you think whether it's even a good idea to automate the above processes? I really tend to think that online payments are the way to go in post-covid time and customers tend to prefer to make online payments within business websites.
I would appreciate any feedback!

azlandshapes

LawnSite Member
Let us k ow how that comes along. I can see numerous areas where issues will likely occur. Hell a lot of customers have no idea what they need. Most in fact will need you to do a walk thru (you want this too) so you are clear what’s expected and on what’s really needed. Pricing and amount of time dedicated to each job will be a real **** show if you go on customer judgement

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey all,
I have a website (landing page) where potential customers can request a quote. However, I would like to improve my customers' experiences by some automations. Ideally, I would like a software (a website or application) that can be embedded into my existing website. When customers click Book online button, they can get an automatic price quote after filling out their service requirements, select an available date or time slot, and make a payment. This will let my customers to book services fast, and during the times when I am not available to get back to them with quotes manually. However, I want them to be able to do all of these without leaving my website (for example, without being redirected to other domains or URLs). After the payment is made, I would like to see my customer's data and the order in an admin dashboard. This will allow me to track the online orders. Also from the same admin dashboard, I would like to change the prices or details of the services I offer. So whenever I change the service prices or add additional services, I would like my customers instantly see it in my website and be able to choose and book it.

I would like to know whether anyone has tried to do something similar and whether it's recommended? I don't want to hire developers to build a web applications with the above features because I think it's very costly. I don't want to pay them every time I make changes to prices, the offered services, or etc.
Are there any software service that I can use to achieve the above with monthly subscriptions? Do you think whether it's even a good idea to automate the above processes? I really tend to think that online payments are the way to go in post-covid time and customers tend to prefer to make online payments within business websites.
I would appreciate any feedback!
What makes you think that. You can do online payments without your website. I personally think running your landscape biz like a retail website is setting yourself up for failure. I would book an APPOINTMENT online for me to come do a site visit to gather information for a quote. Like mentioned above, booking a job online and paying before you ever see the place will turn into a nightmare. Are you actually running a biz currently or are you lawncarerookie that changed your screen name?

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
What makes you think that. You can do online payments without your website. I personally think running your landscape biz like a retail website is setting yourself up for failure. I would book an APPOINTMENT online for me to come do a site visit to gather information for a quote. Like mentioned above, booking a job online and paying before you ever see the place will turn into a nightmare. Are you actually running a biz currently or are you lawncarerookie that changed your screen name?
My thoughts exactly!

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
Op, look at the advice given by @azlandshapes and @Youngandfree. Very rarely do customers know how big their lawn is, or their description of “grass is tall” may be way different than mine. You could find yourself arriving to a home with grass a foot tall and cluttered, with the expectation you’ll be lawn janitor as well as lawn mower. No substitute for a hands on observation. While what your posing seems expedient, you are leaving it up to the customer to figure it out. They can’t/won’t.

Top Forums