OnPoint Facility Services

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Oxmow, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone ever heard of these guys? Supposed to be out of Pennsylvania. Can’t find anything on the web about them. Emailed me for a RFP for a pretty big national chain with a store here in the Tulsa area. Even have a store or two in Canada. Their “corporate” address is for a house I looked up on Zillow. Got the email today with a deadline of Friday. Larger size property. Even had an attachment with all the stores locations so you could pick and choose. Also had an attachment with the scope of work...

At the bottom of the email there was a line that reads “Approved Service Channel Vendor”.

It also says don’t contact them by phone, you must email with any questions.

Ok, caveat...I did find them, but it seems they are a new company because anything related to them is copyright 2019, but their website says 30 years experience...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Have not heard of onpoint.

Subbed for Aramark for several years. They had a maintenance contract with a few local school districts.

Worked out great for all involved.

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Ever notice those companies either don’t have an Internet presence or if they do you can’t find a phone number on their extremely skimpy site anywhere?

Yea
    Frustrating
    It’s probsbly a guy working out of his moms garage

4. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

I see the website, but it’s so new anything you click on is a non page. It also has a place to sign up for a territory manager and a client success manager. Looks like someone built it last week.

With all the phishing going on out there, who’s to say that someone didn’t make it all up just to see if their bid for a property was around the same price...?

hort101 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

Their website doesn’t list an address. But their email to me did. I looked it up and found it on Zillow. It’s a house.

hort101 likes this.
  6. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

I wouldn't, just the lack of internet presence and lack of phone number puts up red flags...let alone 30 yrs experience with no online presence and no phone number....

Who knows though, could be legit but I couldn't ignore those warning signs.

hort101 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

I just got off the phone with another landscape company in another part of the US that does the landscape at the company the bid was sent out for (i’m Being purposefully vague) and they had no idea who the company was. In fact they said that the bid system did change this year but it was through the client not a no name NSP

hort101 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

I think i’m going to give them some stupid number and see if they bite. Considering I put a quote together several years ago for the same property...I think i’ll triple it and see what gives....lol

hort101 likes this.
  9. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Midlothian, VA

The fact that they are only giving you a few days to bid is a big "red flag". I need to visit the site, due diligence, evaluate the opportunity (is it really something I want or need). That takes more than a few days. I just had a company sent me a bid request for multiple sites, multiple chains across the state of Virginia and gave me 1 week. Thanks, but no thanks.

hort101 likes this.
  10. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

There are a lot of scammers in that industry. They'll pay out for a month or two and then trouble starts. They're hoping to milk you for the rest of the season without paying and then do it all over again next year under a different name.

Not saying for sure that's their MO, but with "30 years of experience" and no traceable history ..