Lawn Care Forum banner

ontario suppliers

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Ray&Christine 
#1 ·
im lookin for some wholesale suppliers of mulch, stones, and soils in ontario is there anyone on here that knows of some or is one and doesnt mind helping me out

#3 ·
yea im still lookin for a supplier right now im just gettin the stuff as i need it from the local garden center but i wanna open my own supply yard what stuff can you help me out with

#5 ·
give me some prices on some examples

#7 ·
ok ill check that website out

#9 ·
I thought I read he's looking to start a Garden center-those prices hes quoting you is retail. For aggregate, armour stone etc, and that kinda stuff your going to deal with a quarry direct and get prices landed in your yard for half if not a third of what hes quoting you. You may as well pull your pants down and bend over if your gonna deal with that guy-help the brother out-dont try to shaft him, please.

#10 ·
yea i just noticed that too i only pay 10 bucks a ton for crush run 8 bucks for screenings i was more lookin for decortive stone river stone crushed brick mulch that kind of stuff and johnny i checked out the ontario landscape website not bad lot of good info id love to join but its impossible if you dont no anyone already in it

#11 ·
yea i just noticed that too i only pay 10 bucks a ton for crush run 8 bucks for screenings i was more lookin for decortive stone river stone crushed brick mulch that kind of stuff and johnny i checked out the ontario landscape website not bad lot of good info id love to join but its impossible if you dont no anyone already in it
I'm sure theres someone around you thats already a member-think about suppliers too, both materials and equipment, they're generally great references. Give Landscape Ontario a call and explain your situtation-they may have a solution. Good luck.

Once you become a member, you'll get a monthly magazine sent to you, full of interesting industry articles and adds. Training, courses on numerous topics, certification, insurance discounts, BTW, the discounts available to members is huge, and as a bonus, your company is now recognized as being a member of the Trade Association. You can learn alot through the networks there. Its well worth the investment.

#13 ·
I dont want to upset you guys or rip you off.Im just starting in the business and notice some landscapers buy retail. I own a tri axle dump for many years now and have access to pits and quarries. If you need to haul it in bulk im here.Anyways guys good luck in 08
Good luck in you new venture-Guess the fuel prices are killing you in the trucking biz. The supply biz is just as competitive as any other, and if you can get retail pricing from a trade customer-it may only be a one time deal when they're in a jam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.