1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Oops!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by lawnconcepts, Apr 24, 2011.

1. lawnconcepts

lawnconcepts LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Been plowing for 20 years and never had any accidents until this past winter. Had my bed up to shift the salt back and forgot I left it up and went under the building's over hang and BAM! Tried to bend it back, not so sucessful. I cut off the bulkhead as to I was getting weird looks driving around. Insurance paid for a new bulkhead which I put towards a new bed due to bed being 14 years old and holes were forming and getting thinner every season. I will have more pics of the change this next week when I get it back.

190.jpg

187.jpg

279.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Dang, How pissed were the property owners that you hit the building?

3. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's what i was thinking
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That's a nice looking older Ford.

5. lawnconcepts

from ohio

Surprising they weren't very mad. The owner was inside the building at the time and it scared the crap out of him. I told them I would contatct my insurance company and they were appreciative that I was honest with them. Total damage to building $1700.00.

6. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

That really is a nicely configured truck. Too bad about the mishap. These things happen from time to time!

7. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about the "oops" but at least insurance will take care of the repairs. I've seen a few "oops" here in San Antonio but it is in a form of hiring contractors who weren't licensed or insured.

8. lawnconcepts

from ohio

I am supposed to get my truck back tomorrow. My insurance company paid me $2000.00 for a new bulkhead which I applied towards a new Galion. Total out of my pocket will be about $3000.00 which includes painting the toolbox as well. I will post pics when I get it back. It is a 1997 F450 7.3.

9. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

That sucks don't worry your not the only one to have a brain fart while plowing. But that is a nice clean truck and I like the set up with the tool box.

10. fordguy1225

fordguy1225 LawnSite Member
    from ma

that stinks nice truck though