1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Open Trailer Color Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Six8, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

I have a 7x14 open trailer on order. Its a tandem axle with 2ft. mesh sides and I'm going with aluminum wheels. Most trailers I see are black. Was thinking about red, just to stand out a little more. My truck is white and also thought about white, but never seen a white open trailer. Thoughts/opinions on which color you guys/gals would go with. Thanks

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I have a neighbor with a white one like that, it looks a little strange behind his green f150 but if you have a white truck I would do it.

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Black or green works. Red is ok but it really makes no difference. Go with black. Cheaper and easy

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I considered a bright green when I bought my used trailer, but decided against it.
    Touch ups are easier with black.

Nothing wrong with "color" - it will surely stand out.
    What color are your mowers? If your truck is white, I'd match the trailer to my equipment if I were going that route.

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Black is easy to touch up, my single axle is blue which isn't too bad to touch up either, and kind of stands out.