1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion needed on the Echo PAS power pruner attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Nov 1, 2006.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the PAS 239 Echo Pro attachment series and have had great success with the hedge trimmer and edger attachments. I have several crepe myrtles to prune and thought of buying the pruner attachment ($189). Just wanted to hear how well these work from users who have used this or similar products before I buy.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the pruner attachment for the PAS-260 and it performs quite nicely. We use it often, but it does have its limitations as far as heighth, overall i would highly recommend it.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure how you use these on crape myrtles.....branches too big? Better go up to the 260 for that type of work. We already had a flex coupler failure on 260 and it was due to cutting big stuff.

4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I use mine often as it's the only 'chain saw' I own. I use it to trim trees and I've used it to cut down and section trees up to 12 inches or so. Not that I use that attachment daily or as a normal chain saw would be used, but I do use it often and I cut down some overgrown shrubs yesterday. Great system... the P A S.

5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i have one and thind its great, i only wish i got the articulating one.

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

we sell a TON of all the pas attatchments, except for the dethatcher. Never sold 1!!!

Most guys buy the Pas260, with a trimmer, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, and the pruner.

That way, they have 1 power head to maintain, and a backup trimmer if needed.

The pruner uses the same gearcase the PPT260 uses, however, just remember that it is a PRUNER, not a CHAINSAW. Over or misuse can cause shaft failure. 5 or 6 years now, have had 0 failures on this attachment. Surprisingly, not even a cable failure. You think my customers listened to me?:confused: