Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dealer that has a 60" Hustler Super Z 25 hp Kawi for $5899. I am seriously considering it after I do a demo. I would like opinions on that verus more money for a smaller eXmark? Are these durable machines? The warranty seems great lifetime on the frame and leading edge of the deck and all the metal on the deck (excluding bearings, pulleys..etc). I mow in East Texas with alot of Bahaia grass. Non commercial, I will be mowing about 5 acres of my own.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
If you were cutting commercial I would say you need a bigger engine, but since you are not this should be a great mower for you. Put on some flex forks and your beer will not even foam up.:drinkup: But remember not to many!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not cutting commercially but it will be my pasture - that has ususally been mowed with a tractor. I am thinking once I get it down and keep it down it should not be a problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a hard time getting hooked up with this dealer. Everytime I wanted to get it for a demo he was gone or other wise.... So I decided to go with my local (8 miles away) eXmark dealer for a 52" with a 27 HP Kohler command for $7400. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
BOTH GOOD MACHINE'S THE 42 INCH HAS A LITTLE OVER 300 PLUS HR'S AND THE 52 INCH AS 800 HR PLUS,, NO PROBLEMS WITH 52 INCH SO FAR,, BUT I HAD SOME BELT ISSUE'S ON THE 42 INCH,, HUSTLER HAS A KIT THAT GOES ON THE PTO,, SO I CAN CUT GRASS AT 1 3/4 INCHES I HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS THAT LIKE THERE LAWN CUT SHORT,,,, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED HUSTLER MAKES REAL GOOD MACHINE'S THEY STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCTS IF U HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ARE THERE TO HELP,,, THAT IS MY 2 CENTS WORTH,,,GOOD LUCK ON WHAT U DECIDE ON......."WAY TO GO HUSTLER " BEST ONE OUT THERE,,,,,,,,,:clapping:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I am not cutting commercially but it will be my pasture - that has ususally been mowed with a tractor. I am thinking once I get it down and keep it down it should not be a problem.
Just cut it with the tractor first, wait a couple of weeks for the windrows to dry out then the SZ should be good to go!
That said, I dont know how long the grass is in your paddocks. Maybe able to just mow it but slowly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.