Opinion on this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Wyatt Conklin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Doesn't look bad.

Do you have to have a gas motor? Do you need a 3/4 ton or more sized truck? Based on your last few trucks I will assume your budget is <15k.

Wyatt Conklin likes this.
  2. Wyatt Conklin

Wyatt Conklin LawnSite Member

Yes yes yes

3. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

Your last one looks the best from what I see, very clean less miles, personally I wouldn’t buy a vehicle with 130k especially if your going to be towing and running it everyday. 100 gives you 4/6 years til that mark. I would check what works been done your right on the cusp of a new timing belt and possibly water pump. again if you can do that yourself the parts are only a few hundred. The bigger engine won’t burn out as quick with all the added weight to. Nice cab to, plenty of room for a mini office and crew.

hort101 likes this.
  4. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

And it’s all chromed out! You baller you.

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

With your wants and budget I would be looking for the cleanest low miles truck I could find and not worry to much if it's v10 or 8.

If your handy with a wrench and got the time you could buy a cheaper older body 460. Then put money into fixing it up to your liking. Suspension, paint, wheels and tires, etc... Can easily find them in the 3-5k range and leave you with 10k for resto/modding.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That looks like a nice truck overall. They should deal on price I would think. Not many folks want the big V10, and most folks want duallys on a 1 ton. At least around here.

7. greenfire

greenfire LawnSite Senior Member

I would be taking that 3rd truck for a test drive. Best one out of the 3. Yes v10 is not a necessity, but its a good reliable motor. You will have lots of towing and payload flexibility with that truck.

hort101 and Wyatt Conklin like this.
  8. Wyatt Conklin

Wyatt Conklin LawnSite Member

That is the plan, making the 2.5 hour drive tomorrow with a check in hans

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Thatcone looks like a winner!

I always liked the ford v10

10. greenfire

greenfire LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure the truck is actually on the lot before you take the drive. These dealers will put up these adds to lure you in or pull the bait and switch.

TPendagast likes this.