Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which way to go for the "perfect" setup. What works best for everyone else: Flatbed truck ,open trailer ,enclosed trailer ,or would a combination work better? A flatbed truck with a enclosed trailer for example ,or maybe a van with open trailer. Of course if money were no object it wouldn't be as tough to figure out ,but money is a very important factor. So what works best for you ,and if you have pics pleas post them. I know there are probably lots of rookies and veterans that would benefit from everyones experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Smitty, i've only been doing it for about 3 years and have had a truck trailer combo the whole time,,, i pulled the trailer the first year with my z71 and that was a mistake,,, totally RUINED my brakes on it,, so last year we bought a one ton chevy and its just too hard on gas,, this year we're looking to buy one of the isuzu's with a landscape bed,, my buddy has one, much easier to turn around and better gas mileage and i think it looks a lot more professional. just my opinion

·
Registered
726 Posts
I dont know if its "perfect" but its what works for me! 94 3/4 chevy w/350 HO and 400 turbo tranny. I tow a 6x12 texas bragg open trailer, Its kind of a small setup but maybe Ill add a 14 ft open trailer w 4 ft mesh sides for next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.