1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

opinions about tires

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by axmanjay, May 26, 2003.

1. axmanjay

axmanjay LawnSite Member

I'm a newby who recently bought a Grasshopper 721. I'm a home owner with a 3 acre yard and I got sick and tired of repairing a POS MTD tractor!!!! What is the opinion about ag-type chevron tread tires as opposed to turf tread? Do these tend to dig more divots? I only ask because I will be mowing a few other lawns (to pay for the Grasshopper). Thanks guys!!!!!:D

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned 2 Grasshoppers, both with the tires you're talking about. I too was leary about them digging divots when I first got them but I found they actually dug fewer divots than the regular tires. The reason, I believe, is because they give much better traction.

3. gusndemboyz

gusndemboyz LawnSite Member

We run grasshoppers and have both types of tires, you will learn what you can and cannot do with each type.

4. axmanjay

axmanjay LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I figured you all had been here before! Should I spring the $$$ through my Grasshopper dealer to get their optional low pressure tires (and wheels) or are appropriately sized atv bar tread tires ok????:confused: