1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on '01 Chev Silverado 2500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fullmetalbucket, Feb 10, 2010.

1. fullmetalbucket

fullmetalbucket LawnSite Member

Looking for opinions on the truck in the link... I've had Fords with the 7.3 (loved it!), a GMC/6.5TD (not so much... ) and I'm looking for a bit newer truck but I'm concerned about the longevity of the 6.6TD. I've heard nothing but good things about the Allison transmission and I like that this is a one owner from new truck..... It has 136,000mi on it and the guy is asking $10,500.... Does this sound high? I've been looking at so many trucks lately I can hardly see straight.... Thanks for any input. See the link below.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-pickup-trucks-2001-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500-including-8-5-ft-Western-Snowplow-W0QQAdIdZ176545620#

2. fullmetalbucket

Any thoughts? I was talking to a friend of mine in Calgary who's a heavy equipment mechanic and he seems to think it looks alright since the plow is included. He also said the 6.6L is a pretty dependable motor from what he's heard.... Anyone here have one with higher mileage??

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Is that American $? If so, its overpriced for that milage.

4. fullmetalbucket

No, it's CDN $. What would that truck be worth in the US roughly? What would you guys expect to pay for something like that? I'm thinking around $9000.00 CDN would be a good price....

5. fullmetalbucket

Nevermind.... the guy just sent me a note - SOLD.... :-(