Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
ive never ran anything but exmarks with kaw's , so've no idea about this mower and engine . wondering if anybody has an opinion on it because i can get a home owner 48'' View attachment 532079 View attachment 532081 one thats in mint condition . its high at $1500 , but 24 years of a home owner cutting an acre while keeping mower sparkling clean and babied is like buying a 6 month old commercial ran mower . i dont have pictures but heres pics from internet of same mower :
You put up the wrong picture. The one shown is the 36"

IF you find this model year........ shown in this condition, in a 48", 1500 is a steal.

We had a couple of these, and they were great! No deck cracking on these belt drives.

· Registered
483 Posts
great . thanx for info ! this one is home owner used since new , its a 48 and MINT ! btw , yours did have the kohlers on them ?
Ours has the Kawi's.

BUT some info about the Kohler 12.5 as I have that very engine on my 48" Scag as my personal use mower. I can still get parts for the engine too. Keep the oil changed, carb clean and have a spare "Coil" on hand for future use. Good Motor.

Your 1500 mower would be ideal for a larger homeowner property. Could also make a good spare mower in a commercial setup.

· Registered
483 Posts
just wondering because while looking around at old bobcats online i see they used all 3 of kaw-kohler-honda . has me wondering how people like honda ? ive had honda mini bikes , pressure washers , dirt bikes , 21'' mowers and liked every one . but over 20+ years on commercial mowers only ran kaw or b&s , and was done with b&s 15 years ago running only kaw ever since
Back in the early 80's, lots of Briggs and Stratton I/C on walk behind mowers, and I remember they did not last very long........Years later, Honda was an option, and they were quieter, used less fuel, and lasted longer, ect. When Kawi became available later, many made the switch. That's into the 1990's era. After that it seemed many brands lasted longer with oil pumps, better builds, ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts