Opinions on best hydro 36" walkbehind

K&L Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Looking to add a 36" hydro walkbehind to the garage. I'm interested in Scag SWZ, Ferris FW25 and JD 36M or 36R. I love the Velocity + deck but I understand the 7 -Iron deck is equally as good.

Throw out your opinions, all are welcome.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Velke HC 36” or FW25 if you don’t mind more greasing.

I go for the new Velke’s Nothing to grease, easy hydro maint, 7.5” drive tires, ECS type controls, 725cc avail, and they sit on handlebars for easy in field scraping and blade changes.

xxl

LawnSite Senior Member
I like the turf tracer by exmark but thats me and i know other love ferris

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Velke HC 36” runs and feels almost eXactly like a Tracer. Same synthetic based twin pump/wheel motor system. Almost identical controls. Basically a 36” Tracer w/even less grease points, wider tires and ability to sit on handlebars and Bigger Engine

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
None of the 36" wb's get the premier decks, so forget 7 iron, velocity.....
If I was buying a 36"wb today, it would be either the ferris fw25, or scag swzt. I checked out alot of wb's a few yrs ago when buying my wb and really liked those models. I like the scag deck height system better then the ferris, but the engine, and hydros on the ferris better.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
If your decide on the Deere I have 2 of the 36a we had to get for an hoa that then Had a management change and we were walked out the door. Think one has like 180 hrs one it and a bagger. Would love to sell if you’re interested. Still use one but the other has sat all year.