1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Echo Edgers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pizpoppa, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Pizpoppa

Pizpoppa LawnSite Member

I have been using my echo trimmer for edging because most of my accounts are under control and dont need any extreme edging. I have recently picked up a few customers who terribly need decent edging because the dirt is beginning to encroach upon the sidewalk and such, so, any opinions about the ones echo makes?

2. J MAN

J MAN LawnSite Member

I got the Echo PAS 2601 (the pro attachment series) and I have the edger attachment and it works great. Just make sure your edger has a big strong engine because I tried 2 other smaller engines for the edger attachment and they were not strong enough for the rought stuff, but the PAS 2601 has a 25.4 cc engine and it works great.

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 21cc and it could use some more power. Ihave done some thet I have to work at but it stil gets done. Just wish the blades lasted longer!

4. J MAN

J MAN LawnSite Member

Yeah those thin little blades don't last anytime. I pay any where from $1 to $1.40 per blade. Does that sound cheap or high to you?