1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Encore 32" Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngster, May 21, 2000.

1. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Just happened to be lookin at different websites and ventured on to Encore's. Their little 32&quot; looks pretty good, but i have no idea if its worth a darn. I really dont know much about Encore. Can someone give me some help or opinions on this mower? Also, what would be some other choices for a good 32&quot; walk behind. I only do 10-12 yards a week and they are all residential, just looking for something a little quicker than my 21&quot;. Thanks<p>Youngster<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Demo the Encore first. I like Bobcat and have used them for over 13 years. I used to cut a Retirement village with 5,000 sq ft lot per house no fences. The people didn't like use to use riders or 48&quot; mower on there lawns. So for a short time we used 21&quot; mowers and uped the price. 21&quot; mower cut each lawn in about 20-30 minute depending on the lawn. A 36&quot; mower cut it in 8-10 minutes<br>(I fooled them LoL) So check into a 36&quot; mower better cut more production!!!<br>Good Luck <br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

scag makes a real nice 33 with velke, I believe they run 14 kaw, on them, the only drawback is they run around 3400 and thats a lot of cash for the 33,But if you have alot of small gates it wouldn't take long to reap the rewards.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

4. Grassroots

Grassroots LawnSite Member

We run a 32&quot; Encore walk-behind, bought it used at 3 yrs old. The guy said it ran well and he only had to change out the belts. Since then he's been right, runs strong, time for new belts though. <br><p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>Grass Roots Lawn Care (Fla)

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

go with a exmark metro 36in 12.5 hp. I started about the same 10-12 lawns it worked great(still have it)by the way how old are u?<br>-Nick