Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wanted to check with the Male LCO Population!
Should we welcome these Attractive Distractions into our Biz?

Fact is most New Customer Lawn Service Agreements are handled by easily swayed Husbands. Do you think it is fair Marketing Practice?

Joe...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Why not? Alot of the women out there can work my tail off. Some of them are definatly smarter than some of us guys. Madison Ave. has been using pretty faces to sell everything from soap to trucks for years. IMHO, if a decision is swayed by sex appeal rather than fact, the 'sawayee' deserves what he gets, good or bad.

Jim

·
Registered
109 Posts
why not? i dont think they have an upper hand on us , how many older ladies do you mow for? they like young handsome men!!! this isnt rocket science either , if one takes their time and does a good job every time then you are at the top of your game, and any one can do that ,if they choose! i have some women lcos in my area and they do a good job and leave me alone, that seems fair to me!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
as long as they are licences, insured , and charge market prices i dont care if they are male , female, or from mars......... but im glad the bikini mowers arent in my area, i cant compete with that :blush:

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
We have a rather successful (judging by them continuing to be in business for quite a few years now) female lawn service in my area. They look to be a little (or a lot) on the butch side so I don't think it's their good looks that is getting them jobs. Wife beater shirts, really short haircuts and stocky. I ain't messing with them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ROTFLMAO!!!
You cracked me up Richard Martin...Scared of a few Helpless (women)?

I am sure we men will always overcome adversity!...be it a Mountain or a ****...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Women are only good for cooking cleaning and makin' babies. They can mow grass too, but it better be done before I get home!
Chill out, ladies, I'm just joking :p . My GF works her butt off for me, and in my experience, women have a much better eye for detail than men. They are also better salespeople. I have seen it firsthand, women can almost always out-sell their male counterparts. If I needed someone to bid and get contracts signed, I would hire a woman to do it. For some reason people seem to trust women more. I don't know why. It's not all looks, either.(Although studies have shown that more attractive people in general make more money and are more successful than ugly people) As far as working hard, women work as hard as men, and have a great work ethic from what I have seen. Of course these are just generalizations, there are always exceptions, but really I see no reason at all why women wouldn't make fine LCOs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
JOEWOOD said:

Just wanted to check with the Male LCO Population!
Should we welcome these Attractive Distractions into our Biz?

Fact is most New Customer Lawn Service Agreements are handled by easily swayed Husbands. Do you think it is fair Marketing Practice?

Joe...
where in the hell iz Sheshovel???????????? feedback please!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
She makes work a lot more fun and always gives me a hard time. She grew up on a farm and can handle every piece of equipment that I own. She can even back my trailer into the shop at night. At first the Mexicans that work for me could not stop looking at her, LoL o well everyone's cool. We all wear uniforms so its not to noticeable as with swimsuits. I think its cool if there was an all female lawn company, i haven't seen one yet around here though.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
South Florida Lawns said:
She makes work a lot more fun and always gives me a hard time. She grew up on a farm and can handle every piece of equipment that I own. She can even back my trailer into the shop at night. At first the Mexicans that work for me could not stop looking at her, LoL o well everyone's cool. We all wear uniforms so its not to noticeable as with swimsuits. I think its cool if there was an all female lawn company, i haven't seen one yet around here though.
There are actually 4 that I know of.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Fairyway, everyone here has seen the pics from the bikinilawn.com thread from over a month ago. It's clear you saved them all to your hard drive for 'whatever' reason (cough). Has she returned any of your e-mails or did she report you to her ISP?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The C Man said:
Fairyway, everyone here has seen the pics from the bikinilawn.com thread from over a month ago. It's clear you saved them all to your hard drive for 'whatever' reason (cough). Has she returned any of your e-mails or did she report you to her ISP?
^^^^ROTF & LMAO!!

Seriously though, my sister in law works for a landscaper and does all kinds of hard physical labor.. And I've seen more than one lady out mowing grass..

As for the pix Kelvin posted, I'm surprised he's not more concerned about admonishing her for using a junky bent shaft trimmer that her being hot..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The proper response to this thread is WTF?

Is there an LCO club and new members have to go through an initiation process? Do you need to have a sponsoring member to join? Is it a simple majority vote or do you have to have yeas from 2/3rds of the membership? Do they still use a hazing process? And, by the way, where is the clubhouse? I'll bet the grass needs to be cut.

OK Frat Boys - Lawn Care is a business. There are only two sets of laws you need to follow: those that are set by the legislative bodies, and the laws of competition. Since the first one, regarding the limitation of females in your private sanctuary of a business, ain't going to change in your lifetime you may want to "size up" your competition.

"Should we welcome these Attractive Distractions into our Biz?" I repeat WTF. You definitely don't welcome so called "scrubs" and look how far your b****ing has gotten you. Yea, you just spend some more time discussing the subject and look at who has gained the competitive advantage.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.