1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Honda Commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grant07, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Grant07

Grant07 LawnSite Member

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about the "commercial" hondas but I have a "homeowner" model which is the HRT2162TDA and have used it commercially for 6 years now. Don't know how many hours on it but I replace the wheels every season becasuse I wear them out. I have run Amzoil in it and replaced the drive cable once and she still purrrrs like a kitten. Great mowers. I`ll buy anything Honda. My wife drives a Honda Odyssey and my son rides a Honda dirtbike.

3. Heintooga

Heintooga LawnSite Member

4. Grant07

Grant07 LawnSite Member

I have two residential hondas right now. I was thinking of just selling 1 and then grabbing a commercial.

5. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was steered away from the 21" commercial purchase by the dealer.
    Instead guided me to the HRR216VXA residential model with the same features.
    Could buy (2) for the price of 1 commercial.
    Was a "belt" drive instead of the hydro.
    Same engine, 9" tires, twin blade, bbc etc.

I ran 65-80 stop 21" routes only, on bad properties.
    2+ years over 900 hrs on it. Tire wear the only issues, but the use was extreme.
    Amsoil every ten days and filters regularly along with sharp blades twice a week.
    89+ octane with seafoam every other 5 gallons of fuel.
    Excellent $579 mower to say the least.

6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Question is whether it's the name of "Honda" or are they really better. Anything with Honda GXV160 engine is a few hundred more than the next engine....the Kawasaki FJ180 engine. Does it really worth the money. The FJ180 is absolutely more powerful.