Opinions on Stinger Superseeder 2400

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 27, 2020.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I currently have a Turfco overseeder - standard forward blade driven slice seeder. While I feel its made cash for me, I often wonder about its performance in overseeding established northern turfgrasses vs what looks to be a better option in the Stinger machine. Stinger has quite a step up with their bigger Honda engine vs the smaller option I have on my Turfco. Stinger has counter rotating blades vs forward rotating on the Turfco. Separate drive system on the Stinger vs blade driven propulsion (which I feel like, on especially hard ground, tends to make the machine 'jump' forward, making me question just how good the blades are pentrating the ground to allow for seed/soil contact). Easy blade depth adjustment on the Stinger vs screw/bolt on the Turfco. And other small advantages, etc. Of course you are paying more for the Stinger.

Anyone out there use the Stinger and can attest to effectiveness? Looking for ease of use, durability, and effectiveness in existing turf. I fully realize that you wont get much for results in already dense turf, but in turfgrass stands at 50-75%, where thickening is needed, how is performance?

Mark Stark likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump....surely someone must run the Stinger or it's predecessor the Lawn Solutions.

Mark Stark likes this.
  3. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm very interested in hearing opinions on this as well. We are strongly considering Stinger for a new aerator and possibly seeder.

Right now our biggest hang up is the price and I'm unsure about dealer support in our area. There is a dealer that carries Stinger equipment but it's not one that we've worked with before.

Doc8406 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

I am hoping David can chime in here as well. He's been pretty quiet the last few months. Probably trying to get that Applicator ready to sell for spring.

Mark Stark and hort101 like this.
  5. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

How far is SiteOne from you?

sjessen and Mark Stark like this.
  6. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

My interests lays in that 2450 Slit Seeder..

sjessen likes this.
  7. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

I think there was thread @Stinger Equipment had a video of doing a renovation maybe David will see this and answer

Mark Stark and Doc8406 like this.
  8. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

yes.. with his new 2450

9. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

10. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Looks like it was that thread you linked
    His own lawn too

Id still like some updates