Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,993 Posts
Looks Great!!

· Registered
7,746 Posts
I've never liked the practice of leaving the price on a door hanger. I would rather have a face to face with the customer and let my selling skills get the job. Other than that it looks good.
I prefer a price by sq. ft. so if they call the job is already sold, no wasted time making bids. In this market if your price is not competitive a door hanger will not bring you much work as mowers are a dime a dozen and door hangers abundant. Your method is great for referrals or the neighbor coming across the street or other advertising.

· Registered
10,982 Posts
it looks pretty good. i would however change the "we can service your lawn for $________" part to something like "basic service for this lawn including xxx, xxx, xxx for $_______" then make sure that the option is left for full service which would cost more.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B&B if the other guys have to lower there price to get it then so be it. Those guys don't finish the season anyways. No one in my area does door hangers. Everyone does fliers and puts them in the paper boxes. My goal is to eliminate the wasted time and money it takes to go and give an estimate. Drive 15 minutes each way, give a quote, just to have them say they'll think about it. This way when the phone rings I have a new customer. And I am having it re-edited to say the quote is for weekly service.

· Banned
66 Posts
I think the design looks fine. Maybe the slogan on the front is one you are known for in which case my advice might not work as well, but I think it's too typical sounding. Instead of "The best choice for your lawn and landscape," I think something along the lines of "You've got enough to do without taking care of the yard" would be more effective. That's off the cuff, but because of your target market, I was thinking you could step it up a notch.

· Registered
182 Posts
B&B if the other guys have to lower there price to get it then so be it. Those guys don't finish the season anyways. No one in my area does door hangers. Everyone does fliers and puts them in the paper boxes. My goal is to eliminate the wasted time and money it takes to go and give an estimate. Drive 15 minutes each way, give a quote, just to have them say they'll think about it. This way when the phone rings I have a new customer. And I am having it re-edited to say the quote is for weekly service.
What about the guy that raises his price to just under yours? Before he is getting by. Now he takes your potential customers and is making more money doing it.

You think its a waste of your time to go and talk to a potential customer?

What if someone calls and says, "my cousin got one of your door hangers and it would cost $35 to mow his lawn. Can you come out and give me an estimate?" Would you say, "No, that is a waste of time. Wait until I go through your neighborhood putting door hangers on houses."

I put the price on some of my fliers. But I mail them directly to the customer with their name on it. They are the only ones that see it. I guess doing a door hanger makes it a little harder for your competition to see it verses a mail box flier.

Good Luck

· Registered
255 Posts
www.rndsigns.com can create professional looking door hanger for you. They offer great prices for quantities between 500-1,000. They also provide layout ideas and free design services included in their price. Just pick a layout idea and tell them what you want it to say and they put it together for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.