Opinions plz on Magna-Matic 8000 and JRCO Electric Spreader..

appalachianoutdoors

LawnSite Senior Member
Need opinions from others who have used the Magna-Matic 8000 blade sharpener and the JRCO electric spreader (503 model). Two items I am probably going to purchase soon and want to know what others think. Thanks.:usflag:

RodneyK

LawnSite Senior Member
Magna matics work awesome but they cost quite a bit. No buyers remorse though they are worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
A

appalachianoutdoors

LawnSite Senior Member
Magna matics work awesome but they cost quite a bit. No buyers remorse though they are worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOT
Well, I do like to maintain good equipment and am becoming more of a believer in taking better care of my blades. I do also appreciate Magna Matic being a american owned company and using american materials. It seems that their values are probably the same as most of us who know how much sweat it takes to earn an honest living.
Posted via Mobile Device

electric

LawnSite Member
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOT
Well, I do like to maintain good equipment and am becoming more of a believer in taking better care of my blades. I do also appreciate Magna Matic being a american owned company and using american materials. It seems that their values are probably the same as most of us who know how much sweat it takes to earn an honest living.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just bought a mag 9000 sharpener and 1000 balancer, can't wait to use it on walker blades.
Posted via Mobile Device

jetta

LawnSite Member
for me jrco spreader was not built strong enough, too much flex in the frame and kept hitting the fan

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
you can not go wrong with a magna matic blade sharpener.

i purchased one earlier this season and it works great. if you have any problems you can give them a call and the tech guys are extremely helpful.

in fact the tech guy told me he is the one who actually posts on this forum as well.

it's so easy to sharpen your blades. you don't have to worry about a thing. just put the blade on the sharpening table and move it left to right.

before i had someone else sharpen my blades and the occassionally when i would do it myself i would use a bench grinder and worry about keeping the angle of the blade.

now i sharpen my blades myself.

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member
Heres some vid I took of my Magna set up. Ive posted may times on here about it if you care to search. I paid pretty much double what you guys pay and not sorry about it one bit.
Ive never read on here anyone being sorry they bought one. Im just a solo operator with 1 machine. Its without doubt in the top 3 best things I bought for the shop. Compressor and IR impact being the other 2.
Just makes life so much simpler. Even with me chatting and taking my time it took what, 7 mins to set up machine, take blades off, sharpen, balance and put back on.

http://youtu.be/KZyZy0cctOQ

OP
A

appalachianoutdoors

LawnSite Senior Member
for me jrco spreader was not built strong enough, too much flex in the frame and kept hitting the fan
interesting, was this when the spreader was loaded? What kind of mower were you using the mount on? have you found a way to correct the problem or did jrco provide a solution for you?

OP
A

appalachianoutdoors

LawnSite Senior Member
Heres some vid I took of my Magna set up. Ive posted may times on here about it if you care to search. I paid pretty much double what you guys pay and not sorry about it one bit.
Ive never read on here anyone being sorry they bought one. Im just a solo operator with 1 machine. Its without doubt in the top 3 best things I bought for the shop. Compressor and IR impact being the other 2.
Just makes life so much simpler. Even with me chatting and taking my time it took what, 7 mins to set up machine, take blades off, sharpen, balance and put back on.

http://youtu.be/KZyZy0cctOQ
good video. thanks for taking the time to put that together. you have a quick set up for taking them on and off.