• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

ordered tracks today

bobbyg18

LawnSite Member
cant stand it any longer...so many rainy wet days with countless jobs lined up...i made the plunge today

I ordered McClaren rubber over the tire tracks...I'm hoping they will allow me to work on a day like today, where it rained out all day yesterday and the ground is wet...hopefully they'll give me more work days...ill let you know how they work out

i also just sold my Thomas 153 for a Bobcat S185...very crazy week

02powerstroke

LawnSite Member
Deff let us know cause we have been thinking about some tracks.

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
Nice, glad you went with the McLaren's. Let us know how they work out, we may pick up a set if we keep getting these crazy jobs on steep slopes.

Fieldman12

LawnSite Bronze Member
The Vertical lift design should be allot better for reaching than your previous radial lift. I have also been kicking around buying tracks also but I feel most of the work I would be doing would require finish grading so I would have to let it dry anyway. I have been toying around with buying some of the Thomas Equipment stock in the company since it cost next to nothing. I think they would be a good company for one of the big skid steer manufactures to take over eventually. Guess we will have to see how things go.

Mike33

LawnSite Bronze Member
Nice, glad you went with the McLaren's. Let us know how they work out, we may pick up a set if we keep getting these crazy jobs on steep slopes.
Did you see my new 220 i had posted with pics? I forgot the brand of them they seem to work well but the tool to adjust or remove sucks.
Mike

OP
B

bobbyg18

LawnSite Member
the tracks are mclaren protrac with rubber pads...i used them today...they were awesome, great traction...i would have never been able to work today without them...the job was a backyard excavation for a patio but it was extreme mud...im really psyched about them, they'll definately allow me to get in more work days