Lawn Care Forum banner

Oregon, Anyone?

26K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  SkødtDesign 
#1 ·
Hello from the Oregon coast, Lincoln city, OR. Looking for others in the area, or in state to discuss Lawn Care with.:waving:

#9 ·
#11 ·
This year was terrible to be quite honest. went from running 2 trucks to running by myself and not even being able to stay busy a 40 hour week. Oh well, theres always next year or if I had it my way getting out of this business would be great too but there arent too many other options out there. I didn't lose a single account due to work quality it was all due to price, people losing their jobs, moving away etc..... oh and one ******* that owned a bunch of my commercial properties that fired me because he was mad at my mom:dizzy:

#12 ·
Picked up some good commercial accounts now waiting on some snow to start doing our snow removal services.
Posted via Mobile Device
Snow removal in Salem? I didn't think they even got any snow besides that 1-2 days a year?

#13 ·
This year was terrible to be quite honest. went from running 2 trucks to running by myself and not even being able to stay busy a 40 hour week. Oh well, theres always next year or if I had it my way getting out of this business would be great too but there arent too many other options out there. I didn't lose a single account due to work quality it was all due to price, people losing their jobs, moving away etc..... oh and one ******* that owned a bunch of my commercial properties that fired me because he was mad at my mom:dizzy:
Oh that sucks man, I hate to hear that, but its happened to all of us, the pricing has been getting so competitive its getting ridiculous, I myself have had to lower my labor rate to obtain some accounts, but still a little profitable but not like it was 3-5 years ago for sure. Yeah its always best to not mix family/friends/acquaintances with business...

#19 ·
I went through this in 2010, I went from having 2 part time employees to working by myself again, and even to this day I do everything by myself, but I've been slowly building up the business again and have been considering an employee again, things sure aren't as profitable as they once were, but any work is adding to the gross revenue, etc...

#21 ·
A lot of competition. I ran 3 full times and 1 part time this year for the maintenance. Im hoping to add more employees next year since we just became license.
Posted via Mobile Device
Licensed as in you got an LCB license?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.