1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Orion fixture

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by NightScenes, Oct 7, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Kingsland, Texas

I'm looking for an up/down fixture that can use a 10 watt MR lamp in the up and down positions. I want to throw the light up and down. Is this the fixture I need? Do you have one that will work? I am lighting a dark surface and need the intensity of an mr lamp.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I can custom fit a socket in my Orion I think, an Orion should work?? Do you know what size Orion you want? Can we use a 12" or do you need smaller? Lets talk on MOnday, I will play with some lights and work something out.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Kingsland, Texas

I think the 9" would be as large as I can go. They will be mounted on 8x8 posts. I would need 25 of them for this project.

4. wbaptist

wbaptist Inactive

We can make this product using an Orion 6 socket and Orion 9 chassis. Below are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

How does this look Paul???? Obviously there would be a frosted glass lens on the top and 25ft of 16/2 spliced and crimped to the fixture. You can also powdercoat them to match existing architecture if the WB won't look right.

Let me know.

Joey D.