OSHA safety manual- is this required?

peeklandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi! I just got an official looking email from OSHA that says I have no Safety Manual and that I need to get one if I don't want to be non-compliance. Anyone heard of this? Do I need to order the manual by law? Thanks

dieselss

LawnSite Silver Member
As a company you need to have a "safety" plan in place. As far as the letter I would call and ask if they could explain or give you info
Posted via Mobile Device

DuallyVette

LawnSite Gold Member
Post up the letter.
It sounds like a scam, to scare you into buying a manual of some kind.
It seems that most advertising and solicitations are lies.
Lying to people must work, or they wouldn't invest their time and money with these solicitations

OP
peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
well at least it sounds like I don't have to put $300 into some book right now. As far as a "safety plan", does it have to be officially written up, carried in the truck, or what? IDK

chefj

LawnSite Senior Member
There are companies that will spam mail you "compliance" letters. I have dealt with these types of things in the restaurant industry. They'll sound official, and mail out posters and other guideline like materials, yet are just pressure selling you items.

You can get any and all of these things for free from downloads. 99% of which are not required.

TX Easymoney

LawnSite Platinum Member
well at least it sounds like I don't have to put $300 into some book right now. As far as a "safety plan", does it have to be officially written up, carried in the truck, or what? IDK

Needs to be available to employees, like at office...maybe do a monthly safety meeting, write down what was discussed and employees which attended.

OP
peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
must have been a "spam" email. Cool by me. Thanks for the links... that's clarified up now!

Top Forums