Otto, NC - Commercial Bagger

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Recoveryman, May 1, 2018.

1. Recoveryman

Recoveryman LawnSite Member

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a bagger for a Scag Tiger Cat. It's a brand new unit purchased at the end of last season and not used till this season. It's on my Tiger Cat at the moment. I have proof of purchase to show cost and date. It has been used only 5 or 6 times this season only. I bought it with the mower as a dealer installed item last season. The reason I'm considering selling it is that all my lawns here in the mountains are not bagger lawns and most are steeper inclines with low tree branches. The bagger makes it hard to run steep inclines because of the weight and I can't get by or close to the trees because it is the height of the ROP bar. I recently removed it but all the mounting hardware is still on the mower. If anyone is interested at all it can be put back on for a road test. It does an awesome job at collecting. I'd like to sell it only because my lawns don't warrant it's use. I have photos if you want them. I also made a chute from an 8 inch elbow for using the power discharge blower only and not the bagger. Also, I'm not sure...check with your dealer...I think this unit fits all the Scag machines. Thanks!
    PS I'm located in Western North Carolina. The Franklin area, Macon County. About 2 hours+ from Knoxville and Atlanta

2. Recoveryman

Because it's new... I'm not looking for a retail price!!!

3. BSIA

BSIA LawnSite Member

is it a clam shell or 3 bagger? What size deck did it come off of? How much are you asking for it?

4. Recoveryman

Granted...I get it! It cost me $3K and then some for labor. $2500.00 will take it.

5. Recoveryman

It's a clam shell. It doesn't matter what size deck, I don't think. Check with a dealer though. My deck is a 48 incher. $2500 will do it. Here's some photos. The discharge pipe is included. I just did a lawn without bagging. The elbow on the power blower is my own invention for aiming the grass away when not bagging scag1.jpg scag2.jpg scag3.jpg

6. BSIA

BSIA LawnSite Member

I like your elbow What size pipe is that and where do I get one?

7. Recoveryman

Sorry for the delay answering... The elbow is an 8" plastic pipe elbow. I used a piece of rubber floor mat cut to fit the width of the collar that would glue to a pipe and to the length to fit the circumference of the same. It made a good tight seal that stays attached on it's own The mat is about a 1/4 inch thick and spongy firm. I sanded the collar for a rough surface and used a very aggressive automotive weather strip adhesive on both surfaces waited till it was tacky to the touch and glued it on. The paint is optional. I wanted to loose the plumber look... If I want to bag I remove it and pop the hose on. FYI the shoot that the elbow is attached to and mounts to the blower is $100.00 from Scag.

8. BSIA

BSIA LawnSite Member

would you want to sell the elbow separately?

9. Recoveryman

Not really. It was a 25.00 elbow I would make one... it would cost more to ship it.