1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'd assume he's been busy. Hope you're doing well Chris. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

In our area the local towns & state highway system regularly subcontract independent plow trucks. It is a pretty good gig to be involved in if you do not have any other properties to maintain. They pay hourly with the rate based on the size of the truck & plow etc. We no longer plow for the state, but it did treat us good for a few years.

:walking:

3. PR0 TURF

That sounds like a great rate to me. The 1/2 ton will be fine to push snow. Most guys with 1/2 ton trucks in our area typically run a 7.5 ft plow. Good luck with it!

:usflag:

4. PR0 TURF

Here's a few for now...more to come later...

CBA_8707.jpg

CBA_8702.jpg

CBA_8698.jpg

5. PR0 TURF

Finally got it done! It's not easy making the time to set this all up, that why once every 8 years is plenty!

:dancing:

6. PR0 TURF

PL...good eye! We definitely apply our hydroseed much thicker than most of our competition. We mix a thicker slurry in our machine, by adding more mulch bales than most of our competition, which provides a much better finish product. The purpose of the mulch is too retain moisture for the seedlings. What you are seeing from the companies in your area gives hydroseeding a bad name. When applied right it's much more effective than traditional seeding. I could talk about this for hours...

Our mulch blower can spread 10-15 yards per hour with a 2 man crew (Blower operator & laborer to help with the hose)

Gene Simmons.jpg

7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

did you attend college chris? what is your take on getting a college education in the turf management and landscape design and build business?

8. Rhoads_TURF

Rhoads_TURF LawnSite Member

how many lawns do u guys mow weekly during the season?

9. PR0 TURF

Deere...I did go to college. I received my bachelor degree in Management Info Systems. I think college is a great for people. I was not enjoying it while I was going through it. I was trying to get my business off the ground and sitting in class all day was not helping that day to day, it was very stressful. There were many times I wanted to quit and just focus on work. I am VERY glad that I stuck it out and graduated.

My college did not offer any specialized courses for the landscape industry. When I was in college I still thought I was going to go out and get a "real job" once I graduated. My opinion is getting a college degree is very beneficial. It is not so important what your major is, just an extra 4 years of quality education will treat you well in life. At 18 years old many people do not have a career path picked out, so just getting that degree is a huge achievement.

10. PR0 TURF

We average 160-180 properties per week. Some large multi-acre properties, and some postage stamp lawns.

:drinkup: