1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Our new mower is the ticket

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AdamChrap, May 19, 2006.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up my new Toro Z Master today. 72" 27hp Diesel. This think is a tank. I had been useing a 72" 26 hp EFI Exmar that is about 4 or 5 years old as my main mower. Wow is this thing way more productive. Also even in the rain the cut is great! I am in love.

Tank.jpg

2. AdamChrap

New Toro and old Exmark side by side, This thing is big

Tank and Old.jpg

3. AdamChrap

One more, It has a big A**

Tank and Old 2.jpg

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Im jealous...only a mere what? 13k or so...

5. aklandscape

aklandscape LawnSite Member

What did that set you back??? How do you like the diesel?? Is the diesel better on fuel than the gas one?

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great! I got to demo one of those last year and it was an awsome mower! Can't wait till I get one!

Did you not like the kubota zero turn as a whole machine or did you dislike the engine? I have recently been looking into the new toro with a 52" deck and the 23 hp kubota diesel.
    Thanks

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome!

Interesting tire choice on the eXmark also....
    They look like titan ATV tires.
    How are they treating you?

8. AdamChrap

With tax out the door...........$14,000. I love the diesel. I don't know about the fuel consumption yet, I will let you know. We had a kubota 28hp and it got %50 better fuel consuption over our 25hp gas Kohlers. The only gripe I have is that on a long gradual uphill, It gets sloe at the top. Now I think this is a diesel thing because of the low RPMs they run at, Because this is the 4th diesel I have run (All different motors and brands) and they were all like that. They have massive tires 26x12x12 so I put 25x11x12 on it and it helped that out alot and it is still verey fast, I'd say 11mph at least. They say 12mph with the stock tires.

9. AdamChrap

I loved the kubota diesel but hated the machine.

My dealer let me use a 60" toro with the 23hp diesel untill mine was ready. It was great and in a 52" it will be even better! :clapping:

10. AdamChrap

No they are not titans, They are Carlise ACT's Radial. We have tryed alot of tires and these are the best. If you have problumes with tire roll on hill side, Put on a set of radials and watch that all end.