Lawn Care Forum banner

Our Pond

21K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  alexschultz1 
#1 ·
We won't take credit for building this pond...our Dad built it a few years back...It started out as 1 smaller pond and has expanded into a pond with 2 waterfalls and 3 small ponds all connected into one

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Vegetation Body of water

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is another of the pond

Plant Plant community Flower Green Botany

#4 ·
Why?...can you do better?

btw...this is the first pond he has ever built

#11 ·
I still stand by my statement he should have hired a pro. It looks like some one dug a hole slaped a liner in it and piled rocks any which way. On my first pond I read book after book and even watched a video about how to instal a pond. and just think for the time and money he has in that pond he could have hired a pro. to come in and give him something nice.

I think im just tired of fixing and refurbishing ponds for customers that tried to do it themselves first.

WOODSBROTHERLC: If you but a little time and effort into that pond it could look nice. For example Make the rock look natural, and hide the liner for starters

#12 ·
Hey Weatherman, show me a picture of your first pond!

#13 ·
Hey WeatherMan, you are one big *******. I'm just starting my first pond and could only hope I can do it semi correctly. If I can't I'll call someone like you and PAY you to fix my mistakes.

Man, this is the guy's first attempt. Not everyone does this for a living.

What I don't understand is why you are so hacked off over a guy making the mistake of not completely covering the liner. Further, if he does have to call a professional to fix it up then he will pay them.

These mistakes are your bread and butter!

Treat people with some respect.

#14 ·
I'll bet you're excited about building your first pond. I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions. Don't hesitate to ask me for help if you need it.

I remember building my first pond. I had read tons of books and haunted pond forums untill I was blue in the face. There were still things that popped up that the books and forums didn't cover. No one on the forums would help me either. It sure would have been nice if I had someone to turn to with my questions.

Building a pond isn't all that difficult once you have a few of the basics down. Sure it can be labor intensive, but I always enjoyed the process. I hope you in thurn enjoy your project as much as I enjoy my projects Jimmy.

I'll be here if you need me Buddy.

Vic

#15 ·
Jimmy: First I'm not "Hacked Off" at him. It just pisses me off to see someone half azz something. And you think I'm an AZZ, who calling who names.

VICTOR: I really admire that you always have something good to say.
But myself on the other hand I like to say what I think. I don't think this makes me an ******** Like jimmy says.

I guess not everybody Likes to here the truth;)

#16 ·
I like Woodbrothers' better than Weatherman's. While Woodbrother's pond needs a little work at least they used native rock. It wouldn't take much to hide the liner and re arrange a few rocks here and there.

Weatherman, maybe you are the one that should have hired a professional. Why the hell would you use white pebbles in a water feature? That’s hilarious, Weatherman telling someone how to make their pond look natural. Weatherman’s looks like an eyesore jetting out of the ground. What did he use in between the rocks? Is that sand?

Just goes to show you shouldn’t talk **** when you yourself can’t do any better.

#17 ·
Ken Kasey: What the hell you talking about White Peeples what you see is Small and large creek stone, and there is no sand between the rocks they are just dirty, All Rock I use are native to OHIO, As far as it being an eyesore well first the landscaping had not been installed at the time of the pic. and I dont think my customer would have paid 14K for an eyesore.

Post a pic of your Ponds KEN. Lets see what they look like!!!

#18 ·
You really can't blame Woodbrothers for taking the defensive buddy. After all, that was his dad's first pond. The way I see it, maybe his dad wasn't looking for perfection. Maybe he wanted a project that he could have fun with. He did build it in his own yard after all.

You are a craftsman Weatherman. I can tell you're a perfectionist. That's why I love looking at the ponds you build. Heck, I probably enjoy looking at your ponds more than you do 'cause they look so darn good. I don't think you should have been so critical of Wood's dad's pond though. Sure he could have done better, but after all, it was his first pond.

I have to admit that I had a "nails on the chalkboard" reaction when I read your assessment of Wood's dad's pond, but I'm sure you didn't mean to offend. At least I hope you didn't mean to. From all the threads of yours, I still think you're a great guy.

Cheer up Woods....I like your pond. The next one will be even better!

:)

Vic

#20 ·
I don't think your pond is the best looking thing but I don't make fun of it...Maybe you can just keep it to yourself nexttime. if everyone knew how to build a pond "as well" as you, you wouldn't ever get business

#22 ·
Would you like it if I said your pond was horrible and that you should have had someone else build it that would have done a better job!

I didn't think so

#23 ·
Originally posted by WeatherMan
I still stand by my statement he should have hired a pro. It looks like some one dug a hole slaped a liner in it and piled rocks any which way. On my first pond I read book after book and even watched a video about how to instal a pond. and just think for the time and money he has in that pond he could have hired a pro. to come in and give him something nice.

I think im just tired of fixing and refurbishing ponds for customers that tried to do it themselves first.

WOODSBROTHERLC: If you but a little time and effort into that pond it could look nice. For example Make the rock look natural, and hide the liner for starters
What video did you watch and where did you get it. I would like to learn how to install ponds. Thanks

#24 ·
As a new member and enjoying what information I can get, I would THINK that a person that does pond building for a living you would appreciate having to fix other peoples inability to do the job to you standards, that makes business for you better and if that were not true you should not be doing a business that your not happy in. That is like saying I cant stand when people work on thier cars and I have to fix thier bad repairs who cares if I fix it from the begining or middle its still income. I would also hope that as a business owner my customers did not read such a post that you wrote, it was not very professional. and showed lack of compassion for what you do why not chime in and give him tips on what he could do to make it better in your opinion. goes back to your statement about speaking the truth, its not so much as the truth its how you articulate it. I am not meaning to ruffle any feathers just don't get bagging on someone when you don't even know them.

#25 ·
Originally posted by Victor
I like the way your dad used those trees as part of the layout Woods. Have you had much trouble with leaves? I'll bet you get a really good sound out of it.

Vic
I like the location of your pond. It looks like it fits thare. As far as leaves my friend used the black plastic deer fence as a sort of roof to keep the large amount of leaves out. It worked aerry well.
With a fiew touches your ponds will look way better than some I have seen verry recently.
Weatherman try to be nice yours without the finish landscaping looks worse I am not trying to be mean just calling it like I see it:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.