Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gentleman from a lawn care outfit from a different state call and offer me some work at 3 different major retail stores in my area. Is this a common practice. I am assuming he is getting the work from the corporate office. Has anyone else done something like this before? Good and bad comments welcome.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
yup done it, nope never won the bid because the guy was local and really didn't know the layout and the operation of everything. So basically, I didn't like it. Because I felt like I was trying to push a sale to a blind person.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
It's called subcontracting. Someone who knows nothing about lawn care will get a contract with a major regional or national retail or office group for all their grounds maintenance. Then he looks for operators to sub the work to, planning on paying them 30% to 60% of what he is getting for the work. And he will drag out the payments - you might wait 4-6 months to be paid. And sometimes they disappear before you get paid, LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.