Out of state employees

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Henry, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Henry

    Henry LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 548

    Anyone have employees that live in another state? How do you go about taxes? Will it be more paper work or do they just pay NJ taxes like employees that live here? I have an applicant from NY.
  2. bruces

    bruces LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 648

    Generally, the income an employee earns is taxed to the state in which he is employed and works in. In your case, he will pay NJ tax.

    Check with the state or your accountant, some states have some reciprocal agreements with adjoining states.
  3. J&R

    J&R LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 835

    My co is in Ga. on the state line of Tn. 2 of my workers live in Tn. I withhole Fed, SS, and Ga state tax

Share This Page