1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Over and out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Apr 6, 2011.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Well it's finally completed. I sold my whole lawncare business. Including equipment.

The reason I sold it:

I am a full-time student now, and didn't have the time for the scheduling of the accounts. I was between a big operation and a part-time operation. I couldn't afford to hire full-time help, but didn't have the time necessary to run my business. Also I had a preminition about these gas prices.

I have learned a whole lot of real life experience running my own business especially along the lines of customer relations.

Also the money I got for the business will help out with my schooling.

Anybody else getting out or thinking about getting out?

2. SLMGT

SLMGT LawnSite Member

All in here. Growing each year.:headphones

3. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Never. I will be retiring and doing it part time in 15 years hopefully.:waving:

4. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i am a full time student as well and maintain 35 properties a week. i dont think i will ever sell...it is just good money, great being outdoors, and i like interacting with my customers. i will continue this company even after graduation and for now i have my classes scheduled all day tuesday and thursday and i work the other days of the week!

5. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll check my lottery ticket later tonight. I'll let you know in the morning.

I would still do consulting, arborist reports and continue educating myself
    only, I would visit the great gardens of the world first hand.

6. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I'm going from LCO to CPA in a couple of years if all goes well.

7. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Started in high school when I was 17. Thought I would do this part time for the next 20 years or so and get a full time job. Went to college, business grew alot and then I started going to college for Hort. Wished I never went to college in the first place. College is holding me back big time. The only reason I stay is because im like 80% through.

8. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Stay in school. You never know!

9. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

It can't hurt, but I have the experience and credentials to get myself a decent job.

10. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear. Getting ruff out there!