Over the top spray for Florida

Florida_Native

LawnSite Member
Hello Lawnsite members - I am currently in Florida and utilizing Prodiamine + Isoxaben over the top of our plant beds for pre-emergent but I am looking for selective herbicides to combine with the two to take care of existing weeds that are in the plant beds. My thought would be something like Fussilade + Scepter mixed in, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts first on what would be the best mix for plant beds in need of both broadleaf and grassy weed control

Digitaria Sanguinalis

LawnSite Senior Member
Both Fusilade and Scepter have list of tolerant plants embedded in their labels. Spraying any herbicides indiscriminately over the top of landscape beds is reckless. You need to be 100% positive on what plants are tolerant.

OP
F

Florida_Native

LawnSite Member
Both Fusilade and Scepter have list of tolerant plants embedded in their labels. Spraying any herbicides indiscriminately over the top of landscape beds is reckless. You need to be 100% positive on what plants are tolerant.
Of course - assuming the plants are compatible of course. I should have added that to original post.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Scepter must not be combined with Fusilade. Combination is very phytotoxic.

OP
F

Florida_Native

LawnSite Member
Scepter must not be combined with Fusilade. Combination is very phytotoxic.
Greendoctor - this is helpful, the information I was looking for. Do you have any recommended combinations? Or should grassy weeds be handled separately from the broadleAf for post control?

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
What kind of broadleaves and growing amongst what kind of plants. For certain ornamentals, they are tolerant of Lontrel. However, Lontrel will kill legumes, asters and polygoniums