1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Overseeders?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Dynamic, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Well it gets me pretty pumped to get out there and get at it again as we just attended a show yesterday in Toronto, Ontario and there is some real nice stuff out there. I was looking originally at aerators as an add on for my business but started looking and thinking about the overseeders. Lots of different ones with major price differences but I was leaning towards the Husquavarna. Is there any feed back out there about this or questions about the show?

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the Bluebird overseeder its the same as the husqvarna model but costs less. Its $1,150.00 at www.alamia.com and free shipping but not sure about Canada.

3. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Do you have this product and if so has it been a worth while investment for your business or does it sit idle more than use?
    Thanks

4. lawnpro724

Yes I have that model and its seen regular use all season long at different times of the year. It paid for its self the first month I had it.

5. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Next question is what are you charging for the overseeding with the machine and seed?

6. lawnpro724

sorry I don't give out my rates or the way I bill. Until you figure out what you need to charge try charging by the hour for labor and then for whatever the seed cost is.