1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Overseeding ??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by East Lawn, Feb 23, 2006.

1. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

Ok Got a new lawn that I am picking up that is in need of some over seeding. Never had to do this so not really sure how to go about pricing and best methods for a successful over seed. Any help appreciated.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if its not too thin I like to double aerate and broadcast the seed. but if the lawn is really thin I aerate then slit seed 2 directions the broadcast the seed to eliminate the corn row effect. last but not least apply a starter fert not too high in N but high in P and K, I use 6-24-24

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our best results have been achieved with slit seeding.If you don't own a slit seeder , you probably can rent one easily.We charge by the 1000 square foot. Aerate first. If your not familiar with a slit seeder, run it over the turf at half seed rate diagonally then take the other half rate of seed and make a diagonal pass in the opposite direction.Then put down some good starter fert.

4. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

What kind of price do you charge per 1000 sq ft. The yard is almost 12,000 sq ft. Thanks for the info so far